Thursday, December 29, 2005

Zion Report is Nominated for Best Israel Advocacy Blog!

Apparently I have been nominated amongst others as one of the best Israel Advocacy blogs on the internet. I don't know who or what got me on the list, but I think it's pretty cool. I also noticed that my buddy Jameel's blog was also nominated, congrats brother! Anyway, I think my chances are slim to get the number one spot, but I'll take just making the list period. Or this could be a joke nomination page that I have been suckered by. Oh well, I guess I shall see. Thanks for reading my blog and hopefully the coming year will bring new and wonderful stories to write about instead of the sad rants that I had to take part in this year.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Moshe said...

mazel tov pal, well deserved.

**moshe**

12/29/2005 10:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, I was nominated too. WE stand nooooo chance against the leftist Jewish elite sites like Jewlicious, Jewskool, or the orthodox anarchist. That's okay though, celebraty doesnt do it for me anyways. At least we get our site mention in the J-post. That's pretty cool.

Max

12/29/2005 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Good going, Tovya!
I was offered a spot for my blog by the Jpost but that was their way of saying "We don't need your journalistic expertise(or whatever it is that you're so passionate about)" so I e-mailed the guy I was told was the main editor and told him that I was more interested in writing in an actual newspaper then via a blog.

What do u think I should have done and do u think I still have a chance of ever making it as a journalist?

I'll e-mail u in the near future so we can re-start our dialogue,

Be'tikva, Eitan.

12/31/2005 07:51:00 AM  
Blogger ifyouwillit said...

Congrats, you do a great job putting across the case and deserve to have reached this stage of the JIB's. Great Stuff!

1/01/2006 01:18:00 AM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

moshe:

thanks, i appreciate the approval.

max:

Probablly not, but cool none-the-less. i'll take what i can get.

eitan:

becoming a true-to-life journalist (with the exception of WND, and A7) means compromising your beliefs. it means you have to "equalize" both sides of the story... you can't take sides. actually, if you want to blast israel, they'll let you take that side. just don't say anything negative about the arabs or its career suicide.

IfYouWillIt:

I greatly appreciate it, and congratulations to you too for making the list as well. it's well deserved on your part.

1/01/2006 03:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home