Thursday, December 22, 2005

We Have Lived to See This Day, and for This I Am Happy

There is so much to comment on, and so many thing I would like to express concerning the current state of our people. But I will refrain from speaking my mind this once. Despite the depresive state we are in, I can be nothing but happy that I have lived to see this day. I could have easily been born in a Polish shtetl, but Hashem chose to allow me to be born in the time of the coming redemption. I can be nothing but grateful for his graciousness. Although oceans and land masses seperate me from my homeland, I know that despite the current circumstances, I will be reunited with the land that I desire to walk upon. Can you imagine our ancestors even contemplating such a thing? They davened daily for the blessing to return home, and our generation has returned home because Hashem chose us to be the ones who would re-occupy the land. It was not our ancestors whom were chosen, but us who live to see this day. No matter what the future shall reveal, the one thing that I know is that Hashem will surely remember the righteous, and as long as we remain faithful to Him, He will not forsake us. Our covenant with Him is eternal, and I believe that despite our pain, we shall be the ones who will witness the revelation of Moshiach. May the world be prepared for the coming redemption, and may the nations repent of their oppresion of us before that day comes. Hashem yilacheim lachem v'atem tacharishun ...and in this I find solitude, for we do not fight alone!












1 Comments:

Blogger Stevin said...

Agreed, completely. You've said it exactly the way my heart feels it.
Come soon, Moshiach!!

1/01/2006 11:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home