Monday, December 12, 2005

Tovya and His Secret MeMe Confession

Not even a week ago I was tagged by Ze'ev Orenstein to do one of those silly MeMe things. Then I got online today after work to find that I have been tagged yet again by another blog-buddy over at the Muqata. I almost don't have the energy to do another one. But Jameel was stuck in Santa-land (a.k.a. America) and managed to not take a leap off any bridges in disgust, and therefore to celebrate his continued life, I shall entertain his wishes by confessing. (A) I confess that I have never confessed before. I generally try to leave that to the Catholics. (B) I confess that I passed up Aliyah when I had a lot of money, and I gave in to the love of a woman over fulfilling my lifes dream of living in Eretz Yisrael. (and her and I are no more, and now I have to re-plan my Aliyah all over again) (c) I confess that missionaries creep me out, and that I avoid them like the Black Plague. (D) I confess that I was born and raised a proud Zionist, and I will die one as well. (E) I confess that I promised that I would never be frum, and then I woke up one moring and realized I went that direction anyway. (F) I confess that I was an FBI informant against Arab terror at one point in my life. (G) I confess that I get giddy everytime I dream about the Beis Hamikdash being rebuilt in my lifetime. (H) I confess that I really am Tovya, and it's not just a blogger name (but no my last name is not really HaKofer (though I sure feel like it sometimes) :-) (I) I confess that I hate confessing. Okay Jameel, be happy now. My confession was a celebratory statement of my happiness for your making it back home. I will not tag anyone with this one, because I just tagged my blog-buddies a few days ago, and I cannot bear the thought of dragging them down to the pits twice in one week. L'Chaim

4 Comments:

Blogger Cosmic X said...

I was wondering about that "HaKofer" name. Strange.

12/13/2005 04:36:00 AM  
Blogger Stevin said...

I gave up Aliyah for the same reason, however I hadn't been saving up for it before meeting my princess, she just took away any potential ability to save. She likes to shop, and I can't say no to her.

12/13/2005 08:18:00 AM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

ZR: We'll leave the light on for you at the Muqata.

Back in college, I hung up signs; "Teshuva Means Aliya"

Move back home and all sins will be forgiven. Well...its a start in the right direction.

Thanks for the post!

12/13/2005 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

Cosmic:
HAHA, yeah, my ancestors weren't liked very well, so they were given a crap last name. :-)

Stevin:
Yeah, same thing happened to me, except for the fact you still have yours, and mine in long gone.

Jameel:
I agree, I think aliyah is the ultimate right step in the direction of teshuvah... and thanks for the light :-)

12/13/2005 04:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home