Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Screwed at Every Turn and Then Some

I hate to sound negative, but we really are in sad shape on the Right. I mean, Bibi Netanyahu is our new "Right Wing" leader (or at least the closest thing to it) and he failed his Zionist litmus test on his last go-round. So what are we to do? Moshe Feiglin, as much as I love the guy, obviously doesn't stand a chance in the modern defeatist Israeli state. We need to step back and take a moment for some serious introspection. Where is the religious Right headed and how are we going to stop future withdrawls without a strong Zionist leadership at the helm? These are questions I have no answer to, and honestly I am extremely worried about our nation's well being. What is our plan, and how do we intend to get there? The next retreat is just around the corner, and the best we could do was Bibi?? Is this a sign that we are screwed or that we have given up? What's the deal?












4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Tovya,
excellent choice for a quote! I think I posted something a while back that included it. It was concerning the fact that there is no such thing as a "palestinian".

I-rather Professor Eidelberg-whom I kind of trampled on in my previous post has some excellent ideas for what to do. I'll post his latest article in a min.

Thx once again for your kind words, Eitan.

12/22/2005 09:33:00 AM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Don't be too gloomy; we'll get out of this pickle somehow.

Just think, if you were in Israel now, you could come on the amazing Chanuka tiyul! See my blog for more details. Promises to be fascinating!

12/22/2005 02:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tovya-

I was just surfing around the Jewish blog scene. I have a feeling there is a whole other side to these websites that totaly hate sites like yours and mine. You can tell who they are, they all link each other up at every turn.. Most of them are women wrapping tefflin and the orthodox anrachicist. Jewlicious and their crew want nothing to do with me. Do you get that feeling yourself? We are the underdogs out there. I have a feeling the Israellycool (which is a great site by the way) weblog awards will all be going to the most liberal of leftist "conservative" and reform anything goes Jewish blogs. It's no wonder I have more Christian readers than Jew. I was just stewing on that for a minute.

Max

12/22/2005 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

Eitan,

Yes, I love that quote. I heard it for the first time over a decade ago (even though it's actually a 40-year old quote) and I am really amazed I never put it up before now.

I'll head over and read you article.

Jameel,

I know, I can't even imagine Chanukah in Eretz Yisrael. I'm always worried someone is going to burn down my house when they see it from my livingroom window...

i will head over to your blog here soon and read up on what you have to say.

Max,

Yes, the only "socially acceptable Jew" is a Leftist who trashes his own people. We are unique in that way as American Jews. We are conservatives, and not apologizing for it. Don't change, it's the righteous thing to do.

12/22/2005 07:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home