Thursday, December 08, 2005

A New Strand of the MeMe Virus Has Struck

Yes, a new strand of the MeMe virus has struck with devastating effects. I called my doctor to ask him what I could do about it, and he asked me how I managed to catch this twisted sickness more than once. I told him that I was infected by Ze'ev Orenstein AGAIN, and he recommended that I tell Ze'ev to check out his vaccination records just to make sure they were up-to-date. Other than that, there is nothing he could do for me, as no cure for the new Book MeMe has been discovered So with that being said, considering that Chanukah is around the corner, and an ice storm has trapped me in my home, I shall be in good spirits and take part once again in the madness that is MeMe. (Note: please read the bottom as well to see if I passed on this infection to you.. be warned, ignoring a virus will only bring you further pain!) 15 books that I have read: 1. O'Jerusalem (Larry Collins & Dominique Lapierre) - This was the first true taste of modern Jewish history that I ever read. Huge book, but worth every moment. 2. Israel's Ayatollahs (Raphael Mergui & Phillippe Simonnot) - A biased, anti-Right book, but still very informative. Most of the book is about Rabbi Meir Kahane (of blessed memory) and an interview between him and a Leftist reporter. It really gives you some good insight on his thoughts, and you realize that he really didn't get the credit that he deserved considering the current circumstances. 3. Lies: Israel's Secret Service and the Rabin Murder (David Morrison) - A good informative book, with similar theories as proposed by Barry Chamish, that describe an alternate theory concerning the murder of Yitzchak Rabin. 4. The Art of War (Sun Tzu) - Even if you detest reading about war, it's a great book to read for general life strategies. Also, if you want to get into the deceptive mind of a so-called Palestinian, this book provides lots of insight. 5. Civilization in Europe (J. Salwyn Schapiro) - This is a history book written in 1933. The author had no clue about the impending doom of WWII, and even went as far as predicting that Mussolini and Hitler would go to war AGAINST each other. He also goes into great detail about pre-Shoah German anti-semitism just before the war. 6. The Secret War Against the Jews (John Loftus & Mark Aarons) - Great book about the truth behind our great Western "allies" and reveals a lot of the "Jew-Screwing" that went on behind the scenes since 1948 (incl. spying on U.S. Jewery). 7. Constantine's Sword: The Church and the Jews (James Carroll) - Next time someone tells you that the Catholic Church has a "rich & beautiful history", force them to read this book. Be sure to give them a barf-bag along with the book. 8. Every Spy a Prince (Dan Raviv & Yossi Melman) - An indepth look at the history of the secrets of the Israeli intelligence community. Good reading. 9. Gideon's Spies (Gordon Thomas) - A pessimistic look at the Mossad, but some parts of the book are very interesting none-the-less. 10. History of the Jewish People (Max L. Margolis & Alexander Marx) - A very early JPS publication (circa 1927) about our history from Avraham Avinu to the Great War (WWI). Give a great pre-modern Israel perspective on the Zionist movement and the "hope of returning to Zion". 11. The Concise Code of Jewish Law (Rabbi Gersion Appel) - Really, it's not much of a "book-book", but it's more of a compilation/commentary of the Shulchan Aruch. This was a very helpful introduction to the halachot prior to being led by the hand by Chabad. 12. Nuclear Terrorism (Graham Allison) - Yeah you guessed it, it's about the prospect of nuclear terrorism. 13. The Federalist (Alexander Hamilton, James Madison & John Jay) - An American historical classic that shaped the the democratic ideas of the United States. Maybe Ariel Sharon would be enlightened by reading this book. 14. London (Edward Rutherfurd) - A fictional story story based on the true history of London from the time of the pre-Roman Celts to modern times. It follows the history of a few families throughout history and how the intermingle, grow rich & poor, and feud with each other. Highly entertaining fun. 15. The Jewish Idea (Rabbi Meir Kahane) - Everything that came from his mouth was amazing. He really shaped me as a Zionist, and proved after all that "Kahane Really Was Right!" Okay, that's it for me, I think the virus has left my system. Oh yeah, and Ze'ev, I think my doctor was right, you might need to check your vaccination records just to play it safe. I'll pass this nasty little MeMe bug to: Max (the Nice Jewish Boy) Eitan (Hear O Israel) Stevin (Moby Shtick)

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think u infected me. I am not sure even what it is? Is is a book reccomnedation list? I see that is what you did I have one,

http://www.geocities.com/maxsamuel799/junejulyaugust2004.htm

My archives area mess. There are posting all over the internet in a thousnad places. Let me know if I have it totally wrong

Max

12/08/2005 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

Well, its a blog "virus"...

so you have to either choose 15 mp3s that are in your mp3 player, or 15 books you have read..

and then you have to infect a few other people...

12/08/2005 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

i mean, you have to make a new post on it.. it's all in good fun and people get to learn a little about you.

12/08/2005 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Stevin said...

My nose is running. Oy. I'll grab some kleenex and then remedy it right away.

12/08/2005 01:30:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

haha, yeah kleenex works too i guess.

12/08/2005 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Tovya, thanx for infecting me...i'll take the sickness in stride and ride out the storm!

Maccabbi Tel-Aviv, 2-time European Champs just lost a disappointing home game to some team from Italy I think.

Bullies are hanging in there though they're dead last in the central.

Eitan.

12/08/2005 01:46:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

come on eitan, be a good sport and give us 15 mp3s or 15 books, it's all in good fun..

besides, "everybody is doing it, man", so don't get left out in the rain ;-)

12/08/2005 02:03:00 PM  
Blogger hashishan prophet said...

If you would like to read a book you should the read the book in which the secrets are revealed I have revealed these many secrets to the sshame of muslims and chrsitians For I am the Lord of Israel and the Jews are my chosen race I an the ALL-in-ALL and I have defearted death. The book of the books is the great book and the book of life. It is the Third Testament and the First Testament sand together they yield a testament which defeats the NEw and reviled Christ. Of this earth I shall defeat all save Israel. Truly you are a prophet of my kingdom. This book is the gift of wisdom and truth. You are my bride and joy in the truth of the Lord who I AM.

I have read this book in all creation and these are the other books of wisdom which I shall give to men.

These are Genesis and Exodus and Eucharist and Mormon and Allahudeath and Repugnans Profundis and Necrochristi and DESPARI ERI TORAMORI CHRISTI. these are the works of the soul.

12/08/2005 03:44:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

"3rd" testament? okay, whatever floats your boat lady... have a nice life, and keep away from razor blades...

12/08/2005 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I've heard "The Secret War Against the Jews" is fascinating. Perhaps I'll ask for it for Chanukah.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

12/08/2005 04:29:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

yeah, you'll love reading it (i've re-read it at least 5 times). thanks for stopping by mine as well.

12/08/2005 04:35:00 PM  
Blogger Stevin said...

Whoa. :o
The Hashishan Prophet may have a tough time breaking into the canon of Hebrew Scripture. I'd say Mazel Tov with that, but honestly, I don't think I'd mean it.

Tovya, the name Edward Ruthefurd sounded familiar. I've read Russka by him, which was a really good book. I was really into Russian history a few years ago, learning the language, etc, and I picked up the book for 99 cents from a local bookstore.
I'm going to take your recommendation and read London.

12/08/2005 04:37:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

yeah, i want to read that book by him next, i saw that one... i'm big into russian-things as well for many reasons..

12/08/2005 08:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tovyyy, I just read that the new symbol from the Israeli Red Cross will be the diamond with the star in the middle after all. Not a bad compramise, I guess. I always come over to your site to read about how I really feel about things.

Max L

12/09/2005 03:27:00 PM  
Blogger Stevin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/09/2005 07:52:00 PM  
Blogger Stevin said...

Tovya, send me an email, and I'll mail Russka to you, as a Hanukkah gift. If you don't already have it. stevandy at gmail dot com.

12/09/2005 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Tovya,
I've had very little time for blogging lately. Also, to be completely honest I don't keep track of the books I read so I will just name my 10 all-time favorites. Sorry to have missed all the fun,

Be'tikva, Eitan.

12/14/2005 07:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home