Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My Fellow jBloggers, Thank You

The only news worthy story of the week is that Arik Sharon had chest pains, so I have decided to spread the joy by showing open recognition to the bloggers who keep me inspired and entertained at every moment of the week. Yes I, Tovya the supreme infidel, would like to recognize the greatness that makes the jblogsphere unlike any other. Okay then, where should I start? (A) Because I have verbally spoken with Jameel Rashid of the Muqata, I would like to take this moment to recognize his ability to survive his business trip into Santa-Land. Thank you Jameel for your wonderful insight for us Jews who reside in galus... you are truly an inspiration. (B) Ze'ev Orenstein of Israel Perspectives is a person who always says exactly what I am thinking, but in a much more civil manner than I could accomplish. He is an outstanding writer, and a true patriot. Thank you Ze'ev. (C) Cosmix X of, well, the Comic X blog is always giving us a beautiful mix of politics and social life within Jerusalem. He has great taste in music and a great perspective on life. (D) Max (The Nice Jewish Boy) is another pristine example of greatness in Jewish blogs. He is a conservative American Jew such as myself, and says whatever is on his mind despite the consequences. To be a Jew and a conservative in America is a paradox at best, but individuals such as him make me proud to be part of the same crowd. (E) Eitan of Hear O'Israel is a one-of-a-kind example of a secular Jew who says what he means, and means what he says. I admit that I have never been close to most secularists, but Eitan is a guy who I would happily lay down my life for. He is an outstanding Zionist, and a great blog-buddy. (F) Stevin of Moby Shtick is another outstanding Jew who happens to have great taste in literature. My only hope is that one day him and I both are able to meet face-to-face in Eretz Yisrael as brothers. (G) 'If You Will It' of the Aliyah '05 blog has my admiration for his ability to enter the lame nation of France and still manage to retain the energy to return home to Israel. I have to admit that if I ever found myself in France, I am sure that I would fall into a fit of depression and take a plunge off of the Eifel Tower. Thank you for being a pillar of strength when visiting the diaspora. Once again, thank you to my blog family for being such pillars of strength. You are pristine examples of how people should conduct their lives. May all of you be blessed by Hashem.

9 Comments:

Anonymous moshe said...

if i had a blog, would i make the list
? i am a loyal reader if nothing else.

**moshe**

12/20/2005 08:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tovyyyy. I wanna meet you too in Jerusalem too with Stevin. You two are my brothers. Meet me near the Kotel, where all the phones are. We will have a bonkers bagel and then go study at AISH with the greatest rabbis I know. We will learn Torah truth together and everything will be symetrical, the way HaShem means it to be.

Max

12/21/2005 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Tovya,thank you so much for your very kind words! I admire you for who you are and what you have to say. I,too, would be very, very glad to meet you one of these days and if we were to serve in the I.D.F. together, I'd be more than willing to go into battle with you at my side. There are few people one can depend on in his/her life. For me, never having even seen you, you're one of them for me.

Be'shalom, Eitan.

12/21/2005 04:32:00 AM  
Blogger ifyouwillit said...

Thanks for the kind words, and for being a reader and regular comment leaver over at my blog. The blogsphere and JBlog family is something I am pleased to have joined. It's a network full of give and take, shraring experiences, information and opions, it is good to hear when it has a good effect.

I look forward to you making it to Israel some day soon.

12/21/2005 05:37:00 AM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

Moshe,

Haha, yes of course, I actually know you very well... and because of that, why have you not created a blog yet? you know i have been telling you to for quite some time.

Max,

Yes, someday in Jerusalem, that is exactly the way it shall be. I will hold you to it my friend!

Eitan,

I am deeply touched by your trust, and I appreciate that to no end. The feeling is mutual no less.

Ifyouwillit,

It really is great to share things, no doubt. Still, I think your "yes/no ma'am" nights made me read your blog. I think I told you already, but my best friend and I used to have the same sort of nights, so it was kind of nostalgic reading what you wrote about it.

12/21/2005 06:27:00 AM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Tovya! That was really nice - I'm touched!

You got a shabbat invite the second you land.

Chanuka Sameach!

12/22/2005 02:31:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

Trust me Jameel... I will probablly camp out in your front yard if things continue for me the way they are right now... you'll probablly regret the Shabbos invite... HAHAHAH!

12/22/2005 07:15:00 PM  
Blogger Cosmic X said...

ZR,

For reasons beyond my control I haven't been online a lot lately. Thanks and I'm looking forward to meeting you in person here in Israel.

12/26/2005 02:38:00 AM  
Blogger Stevin said...

You're too kind, Tovya. Thanks for the very nice words.
I hope to see all Jews returning to Israel soon. I love America, but HaShem gave us Israel, and that is where my heart is.
My home will always welcome to you.

1/01/2006 11:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home