Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Jewish Soul Remaining Jewish... Priceless

We get assaulted from every angle at every moment. Islamofacist hordes await around every corner in hope of dancing on our graves, and the world sits back and watches with utter glee. Our own leadership gladly plays the role of the accomplice, and happily bows down to the demands of the world by removing us from our eternal homeland. Yet it doesn't end with simply a physical assault. The fight I am writing about transcends the dust of the ground. We are unique in that we have foes who want to keep us alive; Not because they really love us for who we are, but because they love us for what they want us to become. They want our souls. You see, dead Jews can't be converted to Christianity, and their religious doctrine specifically targets Jews as the ultimate converts. To convert a Hindu is like getting 4 out 6 numbers on a lottery ticket. Not bad, but not great either. But to convert a Jew? That's like getting all 6 numbers and hitting the jackpot. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade by blasting evangelicals, but these people are no friends of ours. Any friendship that is not based upon the mutual respect of another person's beliefs is not really the makings of a true friendship. Have we not seen this before? Have we not felt the so-called "love" of the Christians for the last 2000-years? On Tuesday, Arutz Sheva reported about such missionary activities in the town of Arad. In particular, groups such as wannabe-Jews for J.C. (or the "heebless jebus-freak organization" if you'd prefer) feel that they have the right to missionize us, and that we should do nothing except "follow them to the cross". Our good missionary "friends" are doing their utmost to pressure the Israeli government to tell those Jews who would dare oppose their conversion tactics to backoff. That's right, our evangelical "allies" have the nerve to tell us not to defend our souls from their assault. They shower us with "support" and money, and now they want us to make good on our debt to them. Why? Because their friendship comes with a price. You let us 'witness' to you, and then we'll be your friends. The price for their alignment with us is our souls. Forgive me for verbally assaulting such a grand friendship, but you'll have to understand that I was raised to believe that any friendship should come without strings attached. And if the evangelicals can't love me for being just an old-fashioned Jew who rejects their J.C., then it's a love that I can do without. The only thing more important than our land is our souls, and we shouldn't bargain that away for anything either. It truly doesn't matter if the Christians give us a lick of support anyway. We survive another day not by their good graces, but by the arm of Hashem who made a single eternal covenant with us... and that's good enough for me.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Tovaya. Jews are 0 percent of the world population. I doubt we should be worrying about Christians trying to take our souls more than the secular left, who absolutley are choking the soul out of Judaism far more. Any Jew who is really Jewish will withstand evangelicalism. I can't say the same for Jews who don't believe in anything, and therefore everything.

Max

12/15/2005 02:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And if the evangelicals can't love me for being just an old-fashioned Jew who rejects their J.C., then it's a love that I can do without."

I get none of that. I get sooo much love and support from the evangelicals on my site. Nobody once even hinted that I should convert or that my beliefs are in any way wrong.

That's just the way I see it.

Max

12/15/2005 02:16:00 PM  
Blogger Mike Moore said...

hey nice blog...i was on vacation..im back with my blog :)

www.stopjihad.blogspot.com

12/15/2005 03:12:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

Max,

I'm not talking about blogs, but real life. I live in the missionary capital of the world, so I am face-to-face with these people daily, and that changes everything.

I agree about the leftists though. no one despises liberalism and the left more than i. i am a hardcore conservative, and very proud of it. the left wants to erase judaism because it stands in their way of a G-dless society... but the missionaries use deception to erase judaism... they pretend to be us, and they use our traditions to deceive the uneducated jew.. at least the leftists hate us openly.

i prefer an enemy who says they hate me over one who pretends to be my friend so as to serve their own purposes.

Lastly, let me say that i am NOT anti-christian... i love christians.

but i AM anti-Missionary because their goal is the swindling of jewish souls.

be blessed

12/15/2005 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

mike,

i'm elated to see you back in action, and i am glad you saw my message.

12/15/2005 04:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tovya, clarity is beautiful. I agree exatly with your words my brother. "and they use our traditions to deceive the uneducated jew" you can say that again. Uneducated Jews, that's our problem. Let's get to work. You be blessed. I bet you are. I can tell.

Max

12/15/2005 04:24:00 PM  
Blogger Stevin said...

Tovya, you've elucidated what I've been trying to work out in my mind the past few weeks.
I have some terrific Christian friends, even some family members. However, it seems like I'm a big target simply because I'm Jewish. They find out that I'm Jewish, and begin wringing their hands.
I wonder why. I think it has something to do with Judaism. The world hates it. The world has a history of either killing or converting the followers of Judaism. They've removed us from our homeland, forced us to assimilate, created apostacies based on Judaism to lead us astray (Christianity, Islam), and yet we've remained. The world can't stand it.

12/15/2005 05:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you, Tov. Known you for years. I see your zeal. I am in the middle of searching for truth and find that missionaries are seeminly thirsty for blood. They want trophies. They don't even know how to search for truth outside their own kind. They only ask each other for truth and read each others books. I know because I was one of them.

12/15/2005 06:09:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

Max:
I'm glad we see eye to eye. The only Jewish victim is an uneducated one. And yes I am blessed, and I know you are as well.

Stevin:
I couldn't have said it better myself. It's good to be a friend to everyone, but as we both know there are many people in this world whose concept of friendship is devious at best.

Anonymous:
That is sooooo true. Truth is only discovered when one removes the blinders from his eyes...

we can spend eternity looking, only to wake up and realize that the truth was right in front of us all along, yet we were too stuck in our old frame of mind to see it.

erase what you think to be the truth, and start over from scratch and you will see it's a whole lot simpler than you could ever believe.

boruch hashem

12/15/2005 06:37:00 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Tovya,Max makes an excellent point in my opinion. Just like the Russian Jews who feel Russia is their homeland and prefer to stay put rather than flee for their lives, illiterate, unknowlegable Jews will end up prey to missionaries or "Jews" who pretend to be Jews.

As for me, I would NEVER in ANY circuimstance give up being who I am. I will defy anyone who gets in my way no matter who they are or how influencial they happen to be. I applaud Middle-Age Jews who died were burned at the stake be'kidush Hashem and believe that I'd do the same exact thing if I was in their position...at least so I hope.

About evangelical Christians who pretend to be our or Israel's friends you hit it on the nail. I too, would rather not have "friends" like that!

12/19/2005 01:36:00 PM  
Blogger MissShona said...

The best weapon the Jews need to combat missionaries is knowledge of their own religion and beliefs. Without that, they are hardly left with a leg to stand on and become very susceptible to conversion tactics.

12/19/2005 02:18:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

Eitan,

you are right, and i think you would hold strong.

missshona,

true, it's the individuals responsibility to make himself knowledgable in judaism, but none-the-less, the missionaries deceive them by stealing our traditions and using it to convert. two wrongs don't make a right, and i have no use for missionaries nor their friendship either.

12/19/2005 08:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home