Friday, December 23, 2005

Even the Communists Love Comrade Tovya

I was in low-spirits until I ran across a website that was kind enough to make mention of me. Louis Godena of the "Marxist International" at Harvard University had some unkind words concerning my political ideology, and to be honest with you, I couldn't be happier. Godena stated, "I started asking myself whether or not [Tovya] is a Kahanist. I said to myself, if this guy is not a Kahanist, then he is sure doing a great imitation of one. Then I went and checked his blog and what do you know? Tovya really is a Kahanist." While I am certainly no "Kahanist" as Godena had stated, I certainly look at myself as a lover of Zion in the same fashion that Meir Kahane was during his life. I have always seen myself as out of the mainstream, and proudly so I might add, but I have never had my name and the late Meir Kahane's mentioned in the same article. It's very flattering even if his reason for doing so was anything but flattery. Anytime a self-proclaimed Marxist (aka Communist) finds displeasure with me, I can't help but kickback and smile. I receive many ranting emails from Arabs across the globe, and I am just happy to know that the Communist idealists hold me on the same level of disdain as them. Therefore, in closing, my spirits are much higher now, and I want to thank Comrade Godena for making my day better. Shabbat Shalom and Happy Chanukah to all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Louis Godena said...

Two things. First, I am not "at" Harvard University. I live in Rhode Island. I am an alumnus and have a web page operated by the Berkman Center at the Law School, which of course assumes no responsibility for its content. Secondly, I am not the author of the accusation (or compliment) that you are/were a "Kahanist"; that honor belongs to a "Jim F" who left a comment on your comment. But, if you still want to give me credit, that's okay. Have a fine holiday.

12/25/2005 06:06:00 AM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

ah, how nice. my apologies. have a nice holiday as well.

12/25/2005 07:39:00 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

guys,guys...as far I understand u two don't quite understand one another-or rather-one does and the other...oh well!

Mr. Godena seems to not want to have anything to do with taking blame for calling comrade Tovya a "Kahanist". Oh shame! You were making Tovya a great compliment as he himself acknowledged.

Your commie newspaper is responsible for spreading the red plague and bringing it to American homes near you.(I am by the way,the On that note I can't but smile remembering those McCarthy years:)

But there's a good side to your intellectual endeavours as well, sir! You've mentioned comrade Tovya as a "Kahanist." Meir Kahane, as a matter of fact, was one of a small number of lone fighters on behalf of Soviet Jewry. Thanks to the great Rav, my family was able to flee the evil empire and now I'm living in Israel, fulfilling my dad's dream!

Tovya...sorry for missing in action so long...I've just been very busy with scoolwork.

Be'tikva, Eitan.
p.s. Louis...feel free to check out my site as well. I'm a fellow fan of Meir Kahane though I don't support the thugs who parade under his name today.

12/27/2005 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

I couldn't have said it better myself Eitan. I am thankful for Kahane for your own sake at the very least.

And welcome back, good to see you "back in action".

12/27/2005 05:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home