Sunday, November 27, 2005

Shtetl Real Estate for Sale, Good Price

Leading the Charge reports: JERUSALEM - Israeli and Palestinian rescue services will on Monday sign an agreement which will help end a dispute over symbols that has kept Israel out of the global Red Cross movement, the Swiss Foreign Ministry said. Officials from Israelā€˜s Magen David Adom (Red Star of David) said the deal, to be signed in Geneva, would guarantee speedier passage for Palestinian Red Crescent ambulances through Israeli military checkpoints in the occupied West Bank . The Swiss-mediated agreement should also strengthen support for introducing a proposed non-denominational diamond emblem for the humanitarian network next month. Israel has long complained it could not join the Red Cross and Red Crescent movement. Arab and Muslim countries rejected proposals that would have meant incorporating the Star of David, a symbol that had no formal religious significance. Tovya says: I think I want to puke. I don't know if it's because of the flu-bug that I have had for a week, or because I am just sick of the anti-Semitic B.S. Seriously though, I think I am going to invest in historic shtetl real estate. I think I have a sure buyer in the new Kadima Party. They seem to be really interested in heading back to galus, and if they buy quickly, I might even throw in a box of yellow-star patches for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home