Thursday, October 20, 2005

Who Meme? No, Youyou!

I have to admit, when I did my daily browse of Ze'ev Orenstein's blog, I laughed-out-loud when I saw that he had been tagged to do one of those silly 'MeMe 7' things. I greatly admire his opinions and certainly respect him, but I still laughed at him. And then I got to the bottom of the post, and I saw that he tagged me next... and that caused my laughter to abrubtly end. All I could say was 'Doh!' :-) So just for the spirit of Sukkot, I shall do this for him (afterall, I can't let him do it all alone). Hmmm, here goes: 7 Things I can Do: 1. Speak my mind without holding back 2. March 25-miles for a good cause without stopping 3. Play basketball like a true 'baller' 4. Discuss Torah from sun-down to sun-up without sleeping 5. Sell a picture book to a blind man (so if you are blind and reading this and need a picture book, just email me) 6. Be fearless, I honestly fear no human being 7. Anything else that Hashem wills me to do 7 Things I can't Do: 1. Walk past someone in trouble without stopping to help 2. Keep my mouth shut when it comes to Jewish or Israel related topics 3. Sell a radio to a deaf person (yeah well the blind person used the book I sold him as a door-stop, what's a deaf person going to do with a radio, huh, huh??) 4. Play golf (not that I have ever wanted to) 5. Play any musical instruments 6. Drink liquor (it makes me sick) 7. Anything that Hashem forbids me to do 7 Things I Hope To Do In My Life: 1. Make aliyah A.S.A.P. 2. Find my beshert, wherever she may be (probablly in Eretz HaKodesh) 3. Be the first person to march back into Gush Katif and kick out the Arab occupiers 4. See moshiach revealed in my lifetime 5. Memorize the entire Torah (yes I am really attempting that) 6. Toilet paper Abu Mazzen's house 7. Always make Hashem happy that he created me, and never give him a reason to regret it 7 Things I Say Often: 1. "Oy! Is it midnight already?" 2. "Wow, it's 3 AM now? I thought it was just midnight?" 3. "Why didn't I goto sleep last night" 4. Shacharis 5. Mincha 6. Maariv 7. "I will never fill out one of those silly 'MeMe 7' lists!" People I'd like to infect with this meme: 1. Max Samuel (The Nice Jewish Boy) 2. Jonathan Pollard (whenever he finally sees his well deserved freedom) 3. Yishai Fleisher (Kumah) 4. Malkah Fleisher (Kumah) 5. Smooth Stone 6. ifyouwillit There you go Ze'ev, I have continued on the torch of Sukkot-Joy just for you :-) and just in case I don't post again prior to tomorrow, shabbat shalom to all!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

4. See moshiach revealed in my lifetime

Im not jewish or christian or muslim but I can tell you this We will see the messiah ( moshiach) much sooner then you think, I hope you make what you desire on your list in the next 12 months :)

10/20/2005 07:22:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

wow, your not Jewish, Xtian, or Muslim and you still believe in the concept of a moshiach? What exactly are you then?

But thank you for the kind wishes... preferably I would like to make aliyah prior to the revelation of moshiach (because I want front-row seats!) But I will take him either way! B"H

10/20/2005 07:29:00 PM  
Blogger Ze'ev said...

Tovya, welcome ot the club of bloggers who have lost all self-respect and gave in to the Meme!

10/21/2005 02:17:00 AM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

HAHA, yeah, who needs self-respect anyway?

shabbat shalom

10/21/2005 06:04:00 AM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

First off - Kol hakavod for getting it posted erev shabbat. It took me till Sunday to do this...

Toiletpaper Abu Mazen's house? Sorry - way to pacifist for my liking. He's a terrorist, and deserves the death of one. (A caterpillar D9 will do just fine)

Moadim L'simcha!

10/23/2005 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

yeah it was a quiet the challenge, but I luckily work for a very large politically correct corporation that allows me to leave work whenever I deem necessary on erev shabbos. :-)

As for the toilet papering, yes I agree. I would love to do more, but I try to keep it 'a family blog' and not get too crazy.

Whenever I make aliyah, I will be happy to tell you guys why I tone down what I say.. I have been threatened with prevention of aliyah (by our Jewish 'Big Brother'). Long story.

10/23/2005 05:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home