Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Republicans & Democrats: The Difference

Due to the amazingly high number of critical emails I have received in regard to my previous post, I thought I would take the time to clarify my position. As I previously stated, I was a card-carrying member of the Republican party and a significant financial contributer to the party. But I am also an observant Jew, and therefore I must always closely follow Torah guidelines as to whom I support politically. Behind the scene, Democrats and Republicans are precisely the same when it comes Israel policy. I would like to stress the words "behind the scenes". On the surface, President George W. Bush says that he loves Israel. His actions state otherwise. When you as the leader of the most powerful nation on earth stand up and declare you will not negotiate with terrorism, you had better expect the same from your allies (i.e., Israel). The Bush administration has done nothing but give Israel the shaft at every opportunity it gets. I am tired of hearing about the high value of American lives, but then hear a speech about painful concessions on the part of Israel. I have stated it in previous articles, and I'll state it again, I am disgusted by a government (and yes I equally roll the democratic party in this) that has the chutzpah to make statements that imply that a dead American is worth more than a dead Jew. Anti-semitism takes many forms, whether it be blatant nazism, or covert anti-Zionism. President Bush and his beloved crew are guilty by their by their own deeds. I don't want to hear that they love us, I want them to prove it. Stop forcing worthless pieces of paper (also known as peace treaties) down our throats. We as a Jewish people CANNOT allow ourselves to be used as a pawn in the world's game of chess any longer. We have survived for over 3 millennia under a reign of global murder, and enough is enough. For the Democrats, they want to use us a scapegoat to promote their global "unity & understanding" agenda... and we as a Jewish people are not part of their plans. The Liberals of the world have decided that if they can kick us out of the picture, they can attain world peace. You don't believe me? Go find me a true-blue Liberal organization that supports Israel with no strings attached. You won't find one. What you will find is talk of how Israel is the primary cause of world instability. That's pure garbage. And the Republicans? They stand up and say "we love the Jewish people". So what do they do when their highest-ranking party member (the President) continues to pressure Ariel Sharon into tucking Israel's tail between its legs? Nothing, they are completely silent. For them, it's party over principal. They'll follow Bush to the gate of hell if it buys them positive media with the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Laura Ingram. There are many G-d fearing/Israel loving Republicans and I would never take away a blessing of good will from them. Yet, there is a very familiar situation in Israel that is taking place amongst the Likud party. Both the Republicans and Likud party have a longstanding record of taking pro-Zionist stance. But at the top positions in both parties (held by Ariel Sharon in the Likud Party and Bush in the Republican Party), you have corruption and hypocracy. I cannot support either party when their leadership displays such a blatant disregard for morals and principals. Its not my responsibility to make them do this, but I can do my part my withdrawing my allegiance and holding back my money. The point I am trying to make is that with Democrats I know what I am getting. They openly criticize everything Israel does. I don't like it, but at least with the Liberals I know that I will not vote for them. They already told me how they feel about Israel. I make a strong effort at being critical of the Republicans because they lied to me. Bush himself, the the prominent figurehead of the Republican party, told me that he would never (nor expect Israel) to negotiate with terrorism. I therefore gave them my money and allegiance based upon this promise. After 9/11 I expected more from him, and I expected the rest of the Republicans to back up their "love for Israel" and they have not. When asked to choose between the lesser of two evils, I will choose neither. As choosing evil is not even a valid option for me. I expect virtue and principals from my leadership. If that's not what I can expect from the Conservatives, then they can count me out in 2008. I for one will take a stand and not support any party that takes actions that puts the Jewish homeland in danger. I am a man of principal. (Closing Note-: For all of you who emailed me who said that I should be more critical of Ariel Sharon, please see my previous articles. I have always laid the blame primarily on his shoulders. Although I am Jewish, I have never financially supported the Likud party and I am not an Israeli citizen, therefore I am being critical of MY OWN government here in the states. I am an American citizen excercising my right to criticize my own government, which unfortunately is not always allowed in Israel due to media censorship... but that's another story for another time.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure makes good sense to me, but i would like to see a little clinton bashing for oslo as well, just for fun.

9/14/2005 09:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN THOSE PEOPLE A DIME, A POLITICIAN IS ALWAYS OUT FOR #1, NOT ANYONE ELSE - J.J.

9/15/2005 07:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home