Friday, September 30, 2005

Missionaries and the Talmud

Shabbos will begin for me in less than two hours, but I wanted to take a quick moment prior to that to talk about an interesting phenomenon. I have noticed that whenever I am online in chat forums, many missionaries (the ones who pretend to be Jewish) are very drawn to talk to me in particular. I don't know why, but that's not the point I am trying to make. The reason I bring this up is because I have noticed that they always want to know why we do the things that we do as Jews. Because so many of our daily religious activities are thoroughly outlined in the Talmud, it never fails that our conversations abruptly end once when the words 'Talmud' or 'Oral Law' are brought up. The missionary-messianics are scared to death of the Talmud. Honestly I find it very humorous. Allow me state that I do not care if they read the Talmud or not, because the overall majority of missionary 'messianic Jews' are not even really Jewish anyway. They were not born of a Jewish mother, nor did they convert to Judaism in the proper halachic fashion. Therefore it's not a set of books that they should care to read. I don't hold their lack of zeal against them. So you are probablly wanting to know, why is this so funny then? It's humorous to me because these 'messianics' follow the Talmud, yet they do not read it. Yes, that is right, the messianics agree with the Talmud, yet they have convinced themselves that they do not. So how do I know that the so-called-messianics follow the Talmud? Look at their heads to start with. A good majority of these messianics wear kippot. If they are so at odds with our sages, why do they heed their words? It's well known that nowhere in the Tanach does it command that we as Jews keep our heads covered. Yet, the Talmud says to "Cover your head in order that the fear of heaven may be upon you". Therefore those of us who are observant Jews wear a kippah because our sages believed that it was the Jewish thing to do. So on one hand, they are critical because we study and heed the Talmud, but on the other hand they can't seem get enough of following the advice of the same men who wrote the volumes of the Talmud. Therefore, messianic only wear kippot because they are mimicking those of us who are halachically Jewish. Furthermore, we know to do this because our sages told us to in the Talmud. So in reality, the messianics are following the Talmud by following our lead. The leaders behind the so-called "Messianic Judaism" knew exactly what they were doing when they mimicked us... they wanted to convert us by the art of deception. The only reason why they accepted so many precepts of the Talmud is because they wanted true Jews to feel 'comfortable' in their churches (what they call 'messianic synagogues'). They wanted to Judaize their sect of Christianity so as to make J.C. worship feel like it were the Jewish thing to do. Anyway, shabbos is rapidly approaching and I have things to do, so I will go into further details of messianic deception another time. Shabbat Shalom to all

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i have noticed that before, but still is funny anyway

10/01/2005 07:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home