Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Do You Speak State Department?

The AFP reports: WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US government urged Israel to weigh its actions while simultaneously calling on the Palestinian authorities to dismantle "terrorist networks" amid a series of bombing raids and rocket attacks. "Both sides have responsibilities," stressed US State Department spokesman Sean McCormack. "On the Palestinian side, that responsibility is to act to stop any terrorism, to act to dismantle terrorist networks," McCormack told reporters at the State Department. "On the Israeli side, you're familiar with our message to them, and that is that they take steps to ease the daily plight of the Palestinian people as well as to, again, take into account the effect of their actions upon what all share as the ultimate goal of bringing peace and stability to the region," McCormack said. Tovya says: Are you able to understand anything that he just said? I know, I know, it's a very complicated dialect that is often misunderstood. Luckily for you though, I happen to be fluent in the foriegn language called "State Department", therefore I will do you the favor of translating it in simple English: "We blame the Jews for everything, we hold them fully responsible," stressed US State Department spokesman Sean McCormack. "On the Palestinian side, that responsibility is to limit terrorism, to pretend to dismantle terrorist networks," McCormack told reporters at the State Department. "On the Israeli side, you're familiar with our bias against them, and that is that they take steps to ease the stringent checkpoints that stop Arab terrorists, again, take into account the effect of their actions upon what all share as the ultimate goal of bringing the destruction of the Jewish people and jihad to the region," McCormack said.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes that is so true, your a good translator LOL

9/28/2005 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

The State Dept has been lurking on my blog since I told them off a few weeks ago. I assume they'll find you soon enough.

Big Brother sees all :-/

9/29/2005 03:52:00 AM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

Well if they make me 'disappear' I hope they are at least nice enough to send me to a nice cozy place like Fiji... no I'm certain.. they will blind fold me, strip me naked, and drop me off in the middle of Riyadh with an American flag tapped to my back.

9/29/2005 07:45:00 AM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

After the lynch in Ramalla, I always dreamed of dressing up Hanan Ashrawi in an IDF uniform, and taping her mouth shut, and dropping her off in Ramalla...

9/29/2005 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

LOL, yeah I have that dream too.

9/29/2005 01:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home