Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Bibi, Likud Support IS a Conditional Thing

Binyamin Netanyahu made the following statement after being defeated by Sharon in the Likud primaries: "I respect the democratic decision of the Likud. The decision also requires a clear commitment on the part of everyone that they will contend in the primary. [Membership in] the Likud is not a conditional thing." Be it that it might have been a shot directed at Ariel Sharon's willingness to abandon the party had he lost, it's no doubt that he also was directing this at the disappointed Zionist Likudniks. All I have to say to him is, speak for yourself Bibi, in theory Israel is still a democracy and it's too late to salvage Likud support on the religous-right. We got shafted by the Likud in September, so please forgive us if you find us acting in a conditional manner. We supported the Likud on the CONDITION that it had the best interests of Eretz Yisrael at heart. The Likud party has not acted in such a fashion that we expect from a party that claims to run on a Zionist platform. The voting members of the Likud clearly sent a message that Zionism and the protection of our sacred borders is no longer a primary party goal. The Likud party is more interested in protecting their coveted seats in the Knesset than safeguarding our beloved land and saving Jewish lives. It's now more obvious than ever that party over principal is not a disease that only the Leftists are infected with. The plague of the defeatist mentality of Oslo is alive and well within the Likud.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you didnt actually like bibi did you?

9/27/2005 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

As a voter last night, I found that half the Likud is still idealistic to some extent (minus the 100 or so floozies who voted against advancing the primaries).

Its difficult in the Central Committee -- 1/3 of the membership is not elected, but hand-picked by the Party Chairman (Sharon). This makes it inherently difficult to get a solid majority against any position not adhered to by the party chairman.

This doesn't mean I'm a Bibi fan (he's just as bad as Sharon).

Anyway - thats my 2 cents for tonight; I have to get the kids back to bed.

9/27/2005 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

To Anonymous,

No I don't like Bibi.


To Jameel,

Thanks for the input, it's nice to have a little 'inside' input on the situation. Yeah I read your blog where you had said you were 'heading out the door' to head to the primaries.

And I am with you on Netanyahu, I'm no Bibi fan either... not that I support Arik, but I'll steal his quote anyway.. We Jews have a long memory, and I hope Bibi isn't dumb enough to think we forgot about his deceit during his leadership. He bent over backwards to please the Americans & Arabs too.

We are in sad shape, because I really don't know who to choose... I'd say let's support Feiglin & Manhigut Yehudit, but really I am just afraid we'll get disappointed again.

I guess we shall see next year.

9/27/2005 03:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

I'm in the Likud via Manhigut. Does that mean I believe it 100%? Nope...but show me a better alternative now. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time...and still may be.

Time will tell.

9/28/2005 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger Tovya @ Zion Report said...

I agree. I believe you guys are the best bet (so dont let us down!) :-)

Be blessed.

9/28/2005 06:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home